Connect with us

Entertainment

‘Unplanned’ star Ashley Bratcher says ‘it’s so incredible’ how movie is changing hearts and minds on abortion

Published

on

‘Unplanned’ star Ashley Bratcher says ‘it’s so incredible’ how movie is changing hearts and minds on abortion

Ashley Bratcher, the actress behind the brilliant portrayal of Abby Johnson, a former Planned Parenthood “employee of the year” turned pro-life activist is once again opening up about the impact the film has had on many viewers since its debut last month.

“The response had been incredibly positive. I mean, through it all – this has been the most rewarding and fulfilling role I’ve ever had in my entire career,” Bratcher told “Fox & Friends” on Monday. “To be able to hear someone come up to you and say, ‘I was so affected by your work that I decided instead of having an abortion, that I’m now going to have my child’ – I don’t know how to really explain the way that feels to know that you could potentially just saved a life. There’s not a lot of actors who get to say that, and I am so honored to be able to have a part of this.”

‘UNPLANNED’ ACTRESS ON TWITTER BACKLASH: ‘I COULDN’T EVEN FOLLOW MY OWN MOVIE’

The “War Room” actress said she’s been inundated with an outpour of support from women who have shared their own personal stories surrounding abortion and relishes in the opportunity to bring mainstream awareness to the subject of abortion.

“Yeah, I think I cry every time I talk to you guys. But, I can’t help it because it’s so incredible. It’s literally so incredible that people are being affected this much – this is why we did this movie,” Bratcher explained. “And not only that, but being able to share my story with you guys – it’s not only the movie, but being able to share my heart and the fact that I care so much and that, we really do want to help women that we’re here to walk alongside of them.”

‘UNPLANNED’ ACTRESS FIRES BACK AT ALYSSA MILANO’S CALL TO BOYCOTT GEORGIA OVER ‘HEARTBEAT’ BILL

Unplanned” initially struggled to find its footing with conventional publicizing as the film not only received an unexpected R rating but had its Twitter account temporarily suspended and 50,000 of its followers erased shortly after the film debuted.

Twitter said that the account was suspended in error.

“It wasn’t directly about this account. When an account violates the Twitter Rules, the system looks for linked accounts to mitigate things like ban evasion,” a spokeswoman explained at the time, via email. “In this case, the account was mistakenly caught in our automated systems for ban evasion.”

R RATING FOR PRO-LIFE MOVIE ‘UNPLANNED’ LAUGHABLE, WRONG

Bratcher had also previously criticized Google after the tech giant allegedly categorized the film as “propaganda,” which spurred backlash from social media.

Appearing on “Fox & Friends” last week, “Unplanned” filmmakers and writers Chuck Konzelman and Cary Solomon discussed their frustration with the pushback they’ve been receiving when trying to market the film.

COMEDIAN SAMANTHA BEE KNOCKS PRO-LIFE FILM ‘UNPLANNED,’ A SURPRISE HIT, AS ‘MOSTLY MADE-UP’ PROPAGANDA

“[Twitter] closed us down on opening night, which, considering we had the account for nine months, was quite unusual,” Solomon told “Fox & Friends” host Steve Doocy. “It just so happens that happens on opening night which, for a movie, is the most important night of the whole run.”

Konzelman added that he doesn’t think the tech company gave an adequate reason as to why it shut down the “Unplanned” account in the first place saying that he believes its pro-life message was to blame.

ABBY JOHNSON: ‘UNPLANNED’ IS MY STORY AND YOU CAN’T UNSEE IT

“Well, we are completely blocked at every turn. I mean, our primary difficulty was with Google, who refused to take any of the advertising for our film. All of our banner ads up until our date of release were refused,” Konzelman said. “Basically, they identified us with a conservative issue, which is the pro-life side of the abortion issue. They said, ‘your marketing is related to abortion.’ We said, ‘no it’s not. It’s a film.’ And they still refused us.”

The creative duo claimed that Netflix “has no appetite” for the film and that Amazon Prime will likely pass on it as well in favor of a pro-choice film.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Representatives for Netflix and Amazon Prime did not immediately respond to Fox News’ requests for comment.

Fox News’ Tyler McCarthy contributed to this report.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

CNN’s Anderson Cooper mocks Trump for speaking in third person: He’s ‘not supposed to talk like Elmo’

Published

on

By

CNN's Anderson Cooper mocks Trump for speaking in third person: He's 'not supposed to talk like Elmo'

CNN anchor Anderson Cooper closed his show on Wednesday night by mocking President Trump for his “unusual tic” of speaking in the third person, comparing him to the “Sesame Street” character Elmo.

President Trump spoke to reporters earlier in the day and attacked the Mueller probe as a “witch hunt.”

“We just went through the Mueller witch hunt, where you had, really, 18 angry Democrats that hate President Trump. They hate him with a passion,” Trump said.

Cooper cried foul on numerous fronts.

“Him! He is him! Why is he doing this?” Cooper asked. “Also, grammar aside for a moment, if he says ‘witch hunt’ one more frickin’ time, Glinda is gonna float down from Oz and tell Lee Greenwood to hit the yellow brick road because Dorothy has arrived with the Lion, the Tin Man, and the Scarecrow. Of course, the Scarecrow doesn’t have a brain, but even if he did, the third-person-in-chief wouldn’t be worried.”

The CNN anchor then played a clip of Trump boasting about China’s respect of “Donald Trump and for Donald Trump’s very, very large brain” during a 2018 news conference.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“The president of the United States is not supposed to talk like Elmo… Speaking in the third person, it was a habit for President Trump long before he moved to 1600 Sesame Street,” Cooper continued.

He then invoked a 2012 tweet in which Trump congratulated himself for high ratings when he starred on “The Apprentice.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Chris Pratt ‘refused to audition’ for ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ in the beginning, casting director says

Published

on

By

Chris Pratt 'refused to audition' for 'Guardians of the Galaxy’ in the beginning, casting director says

Chris Pratt almost wasn’t Peter Quill aka Star-Lord.

Sarah Finn, the casting director behind 22 Marvel movies, revealed the shocking news while attending the “Avengers: Endgame” premiere in Los Angeles on Monday.

“[Director] James Gunn has been very generous about this in saying that I, to the point of annoying him, kept insisting that Chris Pratt was the guy for the part,” Finn explained to Variety before admitting that “Chris didn’t want to play the part and refused to audition.”

CHRIS PRATT AND KATHERINE SCHWARZENEGGER ATTEND THE FIRST RED CARPET TOGETHER AT ‘AVENGERS: ENDGAME’ PREMIERE

Chris Pratt, pictured here at the "Avengers: Endgame" premiere on April 22, 2019, initially "refused to audition" as Peter Quill aka Star-Lord in the 2014 film "Guardians of the Galaxy."

Chris Pratt, pictured here at the “Avengers: Endgame” premiere on April 22, 2019, initially “refused to audition” as Peter Quill aka Star-Lord in the 2014 film “Guardians of the Galaxy.”
(Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic via Getty Images)

“I finally got him to audition and James Gunn said he didn’t want to see him, and that was really a challenge,” she continued.

Luckily, Finn was able to bring the two together and it all worked out perfectly.

“It was honestly one of those eureka moments that we talk about in casting when it absolutely feels right and you know it’s right. James turned to me within 10 seconds and said, ‘He’s the guy,'” she recalled.

Pratt first-appeared as Quill in the 2014 film “Guardians of the Galaxy.” Of the 39-year-old actor accepting the role, Finn said that “it was great when he decided that he was interested.”

Chris Pratt as Peter Quill aka Star-Lord in "Guardians of the Galaxy."

Chris Pratt as Peter Quill aka Star-Lord in “Guardians of the Galaxy.”
(Marvel Studios)

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“Now it’s legend. He’s the perfect person,” she noted. “But at the time we were embarking on a movie that had a raccoon and a talking tree, and a property that people weren’t familiar with.”

On Monday, Pratt stepped out with fiancée Katherine Schwarzenegger for the “Avengers: Endgame” premiere, marking their first red carpet appearance as a couple.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Trump Fed pick Stephen Moore slams reporting from CNN, other media: ‘Pulling a Kavanaugh against me’

Published

on

By

Trump Fed pick Stephen Moore slams reporting from CNN, other media: 'Pulling a Kavanaugh against me'

President Trump’s pick for the Federal Reserve board, ex-CNN contributor Stephen Moore, blasted the reporting about him from his former employer and other outlets Wednesday, accusing them of “pulling a Kavanaugh” against him.

During an interview on WZFG radio, Moore, previously a Fox News contributor, was asked about CNN’s KFILE reporting on various columns he had written from 2000-2003 in which he apparently mocked women’s involvement in professional sports.

“I was so honored when I got the call from Donald Trump but you know, all it has been since then is one personal assault after another, a kind of character assassination that has nothing to do with economics,” Moore said. “You know, my divorce 10 years ago, or something I wrote 25 years ago. They have six full-time investigative reporters looking into me at The Washington Post and the New York Times, and CNN.”

“I kind of wear it as a badge of honor, that they’re so afraid of me, that they want all these people looking into my past because they’re worried that I’m going to prevail here,” he continued. “They have not attacked me on my economic ideas.”

LARRY KUDLOW: ECONOMY HAS BEEN ‘BOOMING’

Moore agreed with the radio host that the coverage of him this week has been “National Enquirer stuff” and went even further: “They’re pulling a Kavanaugh against me.”

That was in reference to the hostile coverage Brett Kavanaugh, then a Supreme Court nominee, received during his confirmation process last year.

CNN KFILE senior editor Andrew Kaczynski responded to Moore’s attack, saying, “I don’t even know what ‘pulling a Kavanaugh’ means.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“Look, when you’re a nominee or pick for a public administration, your record is going to get scrutinized. Things that you say, things that you did–those are going to be reported on,” Kaczynski said on CNN. “I know this morning he was referring to this as a smear campaign, covering comments he made about women, and covering things that he said in columns. That is not a smear campaign. That is reporting on his record. So, it’s a little odd that he finds just commenting things that he has done and said to be such a problem for him.”

CNN did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

Continue Reading

Categories

Recent Posts

Like Us On Facebook

Trending