Connect with us

Entertainment

Robert De Niro doubles down on Robert Mueller, believes he can put Donald Trump ‘away for a long time’

Published

on

Robert De Niro doubles down on Robert Mueller, believes he can put Donald Trump ‘away for a long time’

Robert De Niro isn’t letting up on his crusade against President Trump.

The Hollywood staple revealed that he basks in the opportunity to portray special counsel Robert Mueller on “Saturday Night Live,” and even believes it’s his duty to channel the prosecutor’s bravado on the comedy sketch show.

ROBERT DE NIRO HAD A MELTDOWN OUTSIDE OF A MANHATTAN COURTHOUSE AFTER A DAY OF DIVORCE PROCEEDINGS

“I consider it my civic duty to do that part — just to be there because [Mueller] doesn’t say much, but he doesn’t have to. It’s that simple,” De Niro told the Hollywood Reporter ahead of the Tribeca Film Festival in an interview published on Friday. “I might even be happier the day that Mueller puts him in handcuffs, takes him in an orange jumpsuit and puts him away for a long time.”

In discussing the four-page assessment of Mueller’s report by Attorney General William Barr that was released last month, the “Goodfellas” star insists the summary doesn’t tell the entire story and was simply a ruse that allowed Trump to come out the other side looking more auspicious.

ROBERT DE NIRO SLAMS TRUMP WHITE HOUSE: ‘LIKE A NIGHTMARE YOU REMEMBER’

“It’s pathetic. You know that’s interesting. That Democrats are trying to do the right thing and say, ‘We’re waiting for justice to come,’ and then it doesn’t come,” De Niro, 75, lamented. “Or it will come in a way – Mueller presented it in a way that’s up to us and Congress to make, come up with the results, but now it’s being barred by Barr. And that’s to be seen now what Congress will do and how effective they’re going to be.”

The actor continued: “But I think there’s going to be a lot of mass demonstrations, a lot of protests if this is not resolved. We have to know what went on. We have to know. The handwriting is on the wall.”

De Niro has long suggested that the president will serve jail time for the alleged collusion with Russia in the 2016 election.

Late last year, the “Raging Bull” performer slammed Trump as a “New Yorker who I never would want to meet, never want to meet him, and now he’s president. And the reason I wouldn’t want to meet him is because of the kind of person he is. As we all know now, there’s nothing new. It’s disgraceful, but we’ll get past it.”

ALEC BALDWIN TWEETS ‘BEATING TRUMP WOULD BE SO EASY’ IF HE RAN FOR PRESIDENT

The “Heat” actor has often been critical of Trump, saying during an interview in last October with fellow “SNL” guest star Alec Baldwin that he’s “so offended” by the 45th president.

“Everything he says about other people, ‘You’re a loser. You’re a this. You’re a that,’ is everything he’s saying about himself… he’s so transparent. He’s projecting,” De Niro said.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP

The “Taxi Driver” star reiterated that point in December 2018. When asked if he feels like he’s giving Trump what he wants when he publicly feuds with him, De Niro said he wasn’t “because his responses, his retorts, if you will, are inane and they’re kind of stupid. He doesn’t even say anything that’s witty or smart, it doesn’t bother me. It’s ridiculous.”

Despite De Niro’s strong stance on the President, he admits he’s “having fun” playing Mueller and said he believes he pitched the idea of playing Mueller to the show’s creator, Lorne Michaels, himself.

Fox News’ Nicole Darrah contributed to this report.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Bella Thorne sends hearts racing with sexy bikini snap after Mod Sun split

Published

on

By

Bella Thorne sends hearts racing with sexy bikini snap after Mod Sun split

Bella Thorne is showing her ex what he’s missing.

The former Disney child star posed for a series of sexy snaps on Instagram just days after announcing she had split from rapper Mod Sun.

“Not that chick that wears makeup in the pool,” Thorne captioned the sultry photo in which she dons a barely there black bikini as she exits a pool.

BELLA THORNE GETS CANDID ABOUT BISEXUALITY, OPEN RELATIONSHIPS WITH MOD SUN AND TANA MONGEAU

She wore the same bathing suit days earlier while posing yet again poolside. “It’s hot help me,” she wrote.

Thorne, 21, announced last week that she and the 32-year-old rapper had parted ways after dating for more than a year.

BELLA THORNE POSES NAKED IN WHIPPED CREAM TO PROMOTE MAKEUP LINE

“I  will always love you. All good things must come to an end,” the actress wrote on Instagram. She punctuated the snap with a broken heart emoji.

BELLA THORNE POSES NUDE WITH NO RETOUCHING

The breakup comes two months after Thorne announced she and girlfriend Tana Mongeau — who she dated concurrently with Mod Sun — split.

“Tana and I aren’t together anymore, pls stop asking. We love U guys,” Thorne tweeted in February.

Mongeau, 20, tweeted at the time, “i love her forever don’t get that twisted. she changed my life forever. don’t rly wanna talk on it.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

In January, Thorne said of her relationships with Mongeau and Mod Sun, “I don’t think anybody will really understand the bonds that I share with Mod or Tana … Yeah, we joke around about poly, but we aren’t in the sense that we don’t put a word, a box or label too many things. It is what it is.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Chris Pratt reveals he’s ‘so thrilled’ to work with re-hired James Gunn on ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 3’

Published

on

By

Chris Pratt reveals he's 'so thrilled' to work with re-hired James Gunn on 'Guardians of the Galaxy 3'

Avengers: Endgame” star Chris Pratt is thrilled that he will work with writer and director James Gunn on the third “Guardians of the Galaxy” movie.

Gunn was fired by Disney in July 2018 after decade-old tweets resurfaced in which he joked about topics like pedophilia and rape. Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn told Fox News at the time that the studio had “severed our business relationship” with Gunn. However, the studio reversed that decision in March.

“I was so thrilled, so excited. I think it’s the right move, I really stand behind it,” Pratt, 39, told People. “I’m really proud of Disney for hiring James back and ultimately thrilled for not only us, but also for the fans. I think it’s going to wrap up the trilogy in the best way.”

SCARLETT JOHANSSON SIZZLES IN SILVER AT ‘AVENGERS’ PREMIERE WITH BOYFRIEND COLIN JOST

He continued, “And Guardians of the Galaxy are really all about second chances and giving people an opportunity to be their best. We’re a ragtag squad of people coming together and having each other’s back. I think it really worked out the way it was supposed to, and I feel good about it.”

Pratt was among the eight cast members to share a note with Disney urging it to rehire Gunn in the wake of his controversy. At the time, Gunn had already apologized for his past comments noting that, early on in his career, he tried to be provocative with his comedy and regretted it.

Chris Pratt revealed that he's thrilled to work with director James Gunn again on 'Guardians of the Galaxy 3.'

Chris Pratt revealed that he’s thrilled to work with director James Gunn again on ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 3.’
(Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)

“My words of nearly a decade ago were, at the time, totally failed and unfortunate efforts to be provocative,” Gunn wrote at the time. “I have regretted them for many years since — not just because they were stupid, not at all funny, wildly insensitive, and certainly not provocative like I had hoped, but also because they don’t reflect the person I am today or have been for some time.”

MARK RUFFALO WAS ASTONISHED TO LEARN THIS FACT ABOUT HIS ‘AVENGERS: ENDGAME’ CO-STAR BRIE LARSON

Disney announced that not only would it work with Gunn again, but it will use his script for “Guardians of the Galaxy 3” as well as reinstate him as director.

“I am tremendously grateful to every person out there who has supported me over the past few months. I am always learning and will continue to work at being the best human being I can be,” Gunn wrote following his reinstatement. “I deeply appreciate Disney’s decision and I am excited to continue making films that investigate the ties of love that bind us all. I have been and continue to be incredibly humbled by your love and support. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Love to you all.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Before his third adventure with the Guardians, Pratt is expected to appear again in “Avengers: Endgame,” which hits theaters April 26. Meanwhile, Gunn will helm the sequel to “Suicide Squad” for DC and Warner Bros.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Prince estate to release ‘Originals’ album of late legend’s versions of songs he wrote for other artists

Published

on

By

Prince estate to release 'Originals' album of late legend's versions of songs he wrote for other artists

It’s a rare singer-songwriter who can just give away undeniable hits like “Nothing Compares 2 U,” “Manic Monday” and “The Glamorous Life” to other artists, but that’s exactly what Prince did throughout his 40-year career.

And on his birthday, June 7, the late artist’s estate, in partnership with Warner Bros. Records and Tidal, will release “Originals,” a 15-track album featuring 14 previously unreleased recordings by Prince of such songs. The tracks were selected collaboratively by Troy Carter, on behalf of The Prince Estate, and Jay-Z. (The full tracklist appears below.)

Starting June 7, “Originals” will stream exclusively on Tidal for 14 days. The announcement notes, “In the spirit of sharing Prince’s music with his fans as he wanted, the album will be available to stream in Master quality via Tidal’s HiFi subscription tier. Members will be able to hear the recordings just as the Artist intended the tracks to sound.”

On June 21, Warner Bros. will release the recordings, sourced directly from Prince’s archive of “Vault” recordings, via all download and streaming partners and physically on CD, while 180 gram 2LP and limited edition Deluxe CD+2LP formats will follow on July 19th. (Pre-order the album here.)

Prince was a monumentally prolific artist. By the mid-1980s, in addition to releasing nine of his most commercially successful albums, he also wrote and recorded many dozens of songs for proteges The Time, Vanity 6, Sheila E., Apollonia 6, Jill Jones, the Family, and Mazarati, and countless unreleased tracks. Often, Prince’s original demo recordings would be used as master takes on their albums, with only minor alterations to the instrumentation and a replacement of the vocal tracks. Other times, artists would rely on his demos to guide them through their own recording process, with Prince’s initial take informing their final version of his song.

“Originals” reveals the origins of these songs — many of which were substantial hits — along with deeper album cuts such as Vanity 6’s “Make-Up,” Jill Jones’s “Baby, You’re a Trip,” and Kenny Rogers’ “You’re My Love.” While several of the versions on “Originals” have been available on bootlegs, many have not. The only previously released track is Prince’s original 1984 version of “Nothing Compares 2 U,” which was issued in 2018 as a standalone single (although the 1992 live duet version with Rosie Gaines may be his definitive take). The song was originally released in 1985 by The Family, and made into an unforgettable No. 1 single by Sinead O’Connor five years later. The album also includes Prince’s versions of four songs he produced for Sheila E. and two by The Time.

Continue Reading

Categories

Recent Posts

Like Us On Facebook

Trending