Connect with us

Politics

Ocasio-Cortez slams Jerry Falwell Jr. in debate over CPAC comments

Published

on

Ocasio-Cortez slams Jerry Falwell Jr. in debate over CPAC comments

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. and Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. got into a sparring match on Twitter on Tuesday over a comment he made about the congresswoman at CPAC last weekend.

The heated exchange first erupted after the freshman lawmaker tweeted a video of Falwell speaking about concealed carry permits and Muslims.

“’I always thought that if more good people had concealed carry permits,then we could end these Muslims before they [unintelligible],’” Ocasio-Cortez wrote alongside the retweeted video. “This was just this weekend at CPAC, the conference attended by the President and members, to 1000s. Where’s the resolution against Islamophobia?”

OCASIO-CORTEZ DENIES DARK-MONEY ALLEGATIONS IN FEC COMPLAINT: ‘THERE IS NO VIOLATION’

Shortly after, she tweeted again after someone noted that the video was “a little older” than how’d she’d initially described.

“The Bishop’s tweet is corrected for context here,” Ocasio-Cortez wrote. “Still wondering what the standards are for what merits a resolution and what doesn’t.”

But Falwell fired back at the congresswoman, labeling her “dumb” and “a liar.”

“She claims this was @CPAC last week when it was actually in 2015 the day after the deadly CA attacks by radical Muslims (‘those’ Muslims I referenced) She also deleted the last part of my quote ‘before they walk in and kill us,’” he tweeted in response.

THE ‘TECH MILLIONAIRE’ BEHIND THE SOCIALIST: CHIEF OF STAFF WHO BOOSTED AOC MADE RICHES IN SILICON VALLEY

Separately, Ocasio-Cortez addressed a second video that showed Falwell engaged in a discussion at CPAC that touched on the Green New Deal. The person who originally posted the video characterized it as showing Falwell “threatening to shoot @AOC at @CPAC this past weekend.”

The clip began with Falwell remarking that his “boys always had guns in their hands.”

“That’s not something you teach them, that’s something they’re born with,” he said. “But as far as those cows you mentioned, I’ve got a hundred cows … you just let Alexandria Cortez show up at my house and try to take my cows away.”

In response, Ocasio-Cortez sarcastically branded the remarks as being permissible.

“Cool cool – this is fine, totally acceptable and normal rhetoric; legitimized by the presence of members of Congress and the President,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted.  “Let me guess: no apology is necessary here, because they’ve simply been ‘misunderstood.’”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Falwell condemned the post as “another lie” and insisted that he hadn’t threatened her.

“Never threatened anyone, only promised to keep my cows!” he tweeted. “You people are nuts!”

Falwell later tweeted that he “would love to offer” Ocasio-Cortez an invitation “to come present your ideas at Liberty Convocation,” despite them not seeing eye-to-eye on political issues.

“Unlike most schools we welcome free speech and hearing from those who differ from our political views,” he continued.

The congresswoman did not immediately reply to the offer.

Politics

Trump says he doesn’t mind if public sees Mueller’s Russia probe report

Published

on

By

Trump says he doesn't mind if public sees Mueller's Russia probe report

U.S. President Donald Trump talks to reporters as he departs on travel to Ohio at the White House in Washington, U.S., March 20, 2019. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he does not mind if the public is allowed to see the report that Special Counsel Robert Mueller is preparing about his investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election and any possible links to the Trump campaign.

Mueller is expected to send his report to Attorney General William Barr soon.

Reporting by Steve Holland; Writing by David Alexander; Editing by Tim Ahmann

Continue Reading

Politics

Cindy McCain shares hateful message she received about her family, late husband, after latest attack from President Trump

Published

on

By

Cindy McCain shares hateful message she received about her family, late husband, after latest attack from President Trump

Cindy McCain shared a hateful message she received on Facebook from a stranger the same day President Donald Trump continued his attacks on her late husband, John McCain.

McCain, 64, posted a screenshot of the disgusting comment she was sent by a stranger, identified in the picture as “Tiffany Nicole.”

“I want to make sure all of you could see how kind and loving a stranger can be. I’m posting her note for her family and friends could see,” McCain wrote in a tweet accompanying the image.

The sender called McCain a vile name, labeled John McCain as “traitorous” and “warmongering.” The poster also mocked Meghan McCain’s appearance and said she hopes “The View” co-host “chokes to death.”

DONALD TRUMP’S FEUD WITH McCAIN FAMILY ESCALATES: ‘I WAS NEVER A FAN’

Just hours before McCain posted the message on Twitter, President Trump took another shot at John McCain.

“I was never a fan of John McCain and I never will be,” Trump told reporters at the White House, during a meeting with Brazil’s visiting president.

The comments came after Meghan McCain, who on Monday tore into the president during an emotional segment on “The View,” went back on the offensive on social media. The 34-year-old shared a Toronto Star cartoon on Instagram showing her late father’s military medals side-by-side with a collection of pacifiers under the heading “Donald Trump.”

Later in the night, Meghan McCain responded to Trump’s most recent attacks by tweeting, “As my father always used to say to me – Illegitimi non carborundum,” which means “Don’t let the b–tards grind you down.”

MEGHAN MCCAIN SLAMS DONALD TRUMP IN EMOTIONAL ‘THE VIEW’ SEGMENT: ‘HE WILL NEVER BE A GREAT MAN’

Trump has repeatedly tweeted about John McCain in recent days, falsely claiming the late senator graduated “last in his class” at Annapolis and slamming his role in the Russia investigation.

“So it was indeed (just proven in court papers) “last in his class” (Annapolis) John McCain that sent the Fake Dossier to the FBI and Media hoping to have it printed BEFORE the Election. He & the Dems, working together, failed (as usual). Even the Fake News refused this garbage!” Trump tweeted Sunday morning.

On Saturday, the president responded to reports McCain and an associate had shared with the FBI and various media outlets the unverified dossier alleging that Moscow held compromising information on Trump.

“Spreading the fake and totally discredited Dossier ‘is, unfortunately, a very dark stain against John McCain.’ Ken Starr, Former Independent Counsel,” Trump wrote.

MEGHAN McCAIN HAS SHARP RESPONSE TO TRUMP’S JOHN MCCAIN DOSSIER TWEET

New York, NY - 2017: (L-R) Senator John McCain, Meghan McCain on 'The View', a visit for Meghan McCain's birthday, Monday, October 23, 2017. (Photo by Heidi Gutman /ABC via Getty Images)

New York, NY – 2017: (L-R) Senator John McCain, Meghan McCain on ‘The View’, a visit for Meghan McCain’s birthday, Monday, October 23, 2017. (Photo by Heidi Gutman /ABC via Getty Images)

“He had far worse ‘stains’ than this, including thumbs down on repeal and replace [of the Obama-era Affordable Care Act] after years of campaigning to repeal and replace!”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Trump has made a practice of attacking McCain, even after the former Arizona senator’s death in August of last year.

Continue Reading

Politics

Trump to host Israel’s Netanyahu March 25-26: White House

Published

on

By

Trump to host Israel's Netanyahu March 25-26: White House

FILE PHOTO: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu attends the weekly cabinet meeting in Jerusalem, March 10, 2019. Gali Tibbon/Pool via REUTERS/File Photo

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump will host Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House next Monday and Tuesday, the White House said.

“The president and the prime minister will discuss their countries’ shared interests and actions in the Middle East during a working meeting on March 25,” the White House said in a statement on Wednesday. Trump will host Netanyahu at a dinner on March 26, it said.

Reporting by Doina Chiacu; Editing by Tim Ahmann

Continue Reading

Categories

Recent Posts

Like Us On Facebook

Trending