Connect with us

Entertainment

Nicki Minaj drops out of BET concert, slams Grammys producer

Published

on

Nicki Minaj drops out of BET concert, slams Grammys producer

Nicki Minaj is breaking all kinds of news on Twitter!

On Monday morning, the multi-platinum rapper announced that neither she nor Lil Wayne will be performing at the BET Experience, a concert preceding the 2019 BET Awards in June. 

“Young Money will no longer be apart of the BET Experience or award show,“ she tweeted out. “Summer Tour dates dropping soon.”

So, why did she abruptly pull out of the event? Well, on Sunday night, Cardi B (who has had plenty of bad blood with Minaj) won for Best Rap Album at the Grammys, becoming the first solo female rapper to do so. 

Not long after, BET posted an article on the win. When the channel’s social media team shared the story, they randomly decided to bring Minaj into the conversation, according to Complex. “Meanwhile, [Nicki] Minaj is being dragged by her lacefront,” they wrote in the since-deleted posts. However, before the posts were removed, the “Chun-Li” rapper took notice, presumably leading to her decision to part ways with BET on their upcoming festivities.

Hours later, BET released a statement apologizing for their Grammys coverage, stating: “BET loves Nicki Minaj. We have supported her from the very beginning of her career and will continue to do so moving forward… Unfortunately the respect we have for Nicki was violated by this post that should never have been written. The post does not reflect how we feel about Nicki… We deeply apologize for the hurt, disappointment and confusion that this post has caused.”

2019 GRAMMYs: Post Malone and the Red Hot Chili Peppers Rock Out to ‘Rockstar’

GRAMMYs 2019: The Complete Winners List

However, that’s not the only scandalous situation that Minaj is discussing! She also decided to back up Ariana Grande’s condemnation of Grammys producer Ken Ehrlich.

“I pissed off the same man Ariana just called out for lying,” she tweeted. “Grammy producer KEN. I was bullied into staying quiet for 7 years out of fear. But I’ll tell my fans the REAL on the next episode of #QueenRadio they deserve the truth. Also, CONGRATS to everyone who won last night.”

In the days leading up to the Grammys, reports began to surface that Grande wouldn’t be performing despite the Recoding Academy previously announcing her appearance. Ehrlich told Th Associated Press that Grande wouldn’t participate because it “was too late for her to pull something together” after a month of debating which songs she’d perform. The songstress quickly pushed back.

“I’ve kept my mouth shut but now you’re lying about me,” Grande tweeted. “I can pull together a performance over night and you know that, Ken. It was when my creativity & self expression was stifled by you, that I decided not to attend. I hope the show is exactly what you want it to be and more.”

“I offered 3 different songs,” she added. “It’s about collaboration. It’s about feeling supported. It’s about art and honesty. Not politics. Not doing favors or playing games. It’s just a game y’all.. and I’m sorry but that’s not what music is to me.”

Ariana Grande Reveals What Her Natural Hair Looks Like and Fans Are Here for It

Ehrlich responded with a staunch defense of his character, claiming he is a strong advocate for meeting artists halfway.

“I saw those tweets and what she said. I guess it was a surprise,” Ehrlich told Rolling Stone prior to the big night. “I will say this, and they don’t want me to say it but I’m going to say it: The thing that probably bothered me more than whatever else she said about me is when she said I’m not collaborative.”

“The fact of the matter is… You can ask Christina Aguilera, who I asked to do ‘It’s a Man’s World’ for James Brown,” Ehrlich continued. “You can ask Melissa Etheridge, who finished her cancer treatment and I put her out on stage, bald, doing Janis Joplin. You can ask Ricky Martin who overnight became the creator of the Latin music revolution. Ask Mary J. Blige, who was scared sh*tless to go out there and do ‘No More Drama.’ I basically worked with her to mold it. Ask H.E.R. who’s in this show.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Al Sharpton says Jussie Smollett should ‘face accountability to the maximum’ if attack was orchestrated

Published

on

By

Al Sharpton says Jussie Smollett should ‘face accountability to the maximum’ if attack was orchestrated

When “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett said he was attacked by two masked men yelling racist and homophobic epithets, as well as “This is MAGA country,” MSNBC host Al Sharpton came out in support of the star.

“We can’t make people love each other, but we can sure hold them accountable if they harm each other,” Sharpton said at the end of his “Final Thoughts” segment headlined, “We’re with you Jussie.”

But amid multiple reports this weekend that Smollett may have been involved in orchestrating the attack, Sharpton, who made his name in the 1980s as the spokesperson Tawana Brawley in what turned out to be false claims she was raped by four white men, changed his tune on-air on Sunday.

ROBIN ROBERTS SAYS COPS FELT JUSSIE SMOLLETT WAS CREDIBLE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW

Sharpton still thinks someone should be punished, but his tune has changed as these new reports emerged.

“If it is found that Smollett and these gentlemen did, in some way, perpetrate something that is not true, they ought to face accountability to the maximum,” Sharpton said referring to the actor and two men linked to him who have been questioned by police. “Let us get to the bottom of it, and let justice be done, no matter who is right or wrong.”

POLITICIANS WHO JUMPED ON JUSSIE SMOLLETT ATTACK CLAIM IN AWKWARD SPOT

Smollett, who is black and openly gay, has claimed he was attacked by two masked men early on Jan. 29 as he walked to his Chicago apartment from a Subway restaurant. Smollett alleged the men shouted racial and anti-gay slurs at him.

Sharpton famously lost a defamation suit when the Brawley attack was eventually found not to have happened. Now, there are reports that Smollett might have also orchestrated an alleged attack — as local reports have cited sources saying the attack was a hoax, though the Chicago Police Department has not confirmed that.

Last week, Chicago police questioned two Nigerian brothers in the reported attack but released them Friday without charges. Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said the pair had given officers information that had “shifted the trajectory of the investigation.”

FOX NATION’S ‘SCANDALOUS: THE MYSTERIOUS STORY OF TAWANA BRAWLEY’ GOES IN-DEPTH ON THE LIE THAT MADE AL SHARPTON FAMOUS

“While we are not in a position to confirm, deny or comment on the validity of what’s been unofficially released, there are some developments in this investigation and detectives have some follow-ups to complete which include speaking to the individual who reported the incident, ” Guglielmi said Sunday.

In this 1988 file photo, Tawana Brawley speaks to reporters with her adviser the Rev. Al Sharpton in Chicago.

In this 1988 file photo, Tawana Brawley speaks to reporters with her adviser the Rev. Al Sharpton in Chicago.
(AP)

Smollett received an outpouring of support from politicians and celebs when he first went public about the alleged attack in January. Smollett reportedly has claimed at least one of the attackers said to him, “this is MAGA country,” in reference to President Trump’s campaign slogan.

The Brawley rape allegations in the late 1980s left an entire community on the brink of “civil war” – and a recent Fox Nation documentary took a closer look at one of the most racially-charged legal sagas in American history.

The New York teen’s claims — in which she said she was allegedly raped in the woods by multiple white men in Wappingers Falls, New York, and then left wrapped in a feces-covered plastic bag with racial slurs written on her body — helped springboard the careers of activists including Sharpton. But after an extensive investigation filled with twists and turns, a grand jury found the allegations to be an elaborate hoax.

Smollett’s lawyer has denied his client had anything to do with his alleged attack in Chicago.

“As a victim of a hate crime who has cooperated with the police investigation, Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with,” attorneys Todd S. Pugh and Victor P. Henderson said in a statement. “He has now been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying.”

Fox News’ Alex Pappas, Greg Norman and Samuel Chamberlain contributed to this report.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Pregnant Meghan Markle arrives in New York City for royal baby shower

Published

on

By

Pregnant Meghan Markle arrives in New York City for royal baby shower

Meghan Markle will celebrate her baby shower in the Big Apple.

MEGHAN MARKLE’S FAMILY DRAMA LIKELY TO WORSEN AFTER ROYAL BABY IS BORN

The pregnant Duchess of Sussex reportedly touched down in New York City on Monday with the party scheduled for Tuesday.

The 37-year-old former “Suits” star’s stylist and best friend Jessica Mulroney is in charge of the shower, Page Six reported.

The shower is said to be taking place at an Upper East Side hotel.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

It’s unclear who else is on the guest list or whether Markle will also have a baby shower across the pond.

Markle and husband Prince Harry announced in October that they’re expecting their first child.

5 UNUSUAL TRADITIONS MEGHAN MARKLE AND PRINCE HARRY’S ROYAL BABY WILL HAVE TO FOLLOW

The baby is due in the spring, likely in April.

MEGHAN MARKLE’S BABY BUMP CRADLING SPARKS BACKLASH

Markle and Harry will reportedly have a working “babymoon” in Morocco starting Saturday.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Worship leader began fostering because ‘the Lord started to speak to us’

Published

on

By

Worship leader began fostering because 'the Lord started to speak to us'

Worship leader Lindy Conant-Cofer, 30, went into missions right out of high school with her sight set on traveling the world to preach the gospel. But while her beliefs haven’t changed, her perspective has.

“So often we think if we’re not in Africa or India, we can’t do something great in missions, but the paradigm shift we’re in is it’s not just nations, it’s your neighbor,” Conant-Cofer told Fox News. “It’s like God is saying, ‘I want you to go next door and share the love with them.'”

CONTEMPORARY CHRISTIAN ARTISTS SEE ‘THIRD GREAT AWAKENING’ COMING

Conant-Cofer and her husband, Chase, started seeing a lot of their friends fostering and adopting kids, but they didn’t think it was for them, especially given that they travel a good portion of the year with the “Carry the Love” campaign, a ministry to reach college students with the love of Jesus. She was also busy writing songs for her debut album with Bethel Music‘s imprint, Heritage Music, as a follow up to her first album, Every Nation, with her band Lindy & The Circuit Riders.

‘WHEN GOD BECOMES REAL’: BETHEL PASTOR OPENS UP AFTER BEING HOSPITALIZED FOR NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

“But the Lord started to speak to us,” she said. “If we won’t take in these kids, I actually don’t know who is?” Just one day, I felt like the Lord said in His still small voice ‘Lindy, you have to value life over your schedule.'”

Lindy Conant-Cofer leads worship ahead of her new album, "Driven By Love," releasing on Feb. 22.

Lindy Conant-Cofer leads worship ahead of her new album, “Driven By Love,” releasing on Feb. 22.
(Lindy Conant-Cofer)

In December, the Huntington Beach, Calif. couple decided to take that step of faith.

They drove to the hospital Dec. 21 to pick up their first newborn as foster parents, playing her new album, “Driven By Love,” on the way, as the songs gave them the courage and faith they needed.

“We were prophesying our new season,” she added.

Now the couple is joining an “adoption and foster care movement” that kicks off Feb. 23 around “The Send,” a gathering expected to bring around 60,000 Christians at the Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida. Lindy & The Circuit Riders will be leading worship during the big event.

ARKANSAS COUPLE ADOPTS SEVEN SIBLINGS AT ONCE, GIVING THEM A ‘FOREVER FAMILY’ 

One of the initiatives is pushing for 1,000 days of adoption and foster care leading up to World Children’s Day 2020.

She said it’s not about getting mad at the culture, amid debates on abortion and infanticide or bleak statistics on kids who don’t have permanent families. Instead, Christians should have a “joyful response.”

TEXAS COUPLE: GOD ‘PURPOSEFULLY CONNECTED’ US TO KIDS FOUND CHAINED IN HORRIFIC ABUSE CASE

“I want my hands to be connected to my heart. I want my life to be a testimony,” she said. “The light is going to shine so bright and help people see there is something birthing forth. We are in a move of God.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Continue Reading

Categories

Recent Posts

Like Us On Facebook

Trending