Connect with us

Entertainment

‘Law & Order’ director’s wife explains why she stayed after he was convicted of possessing child pornography

Published

on

‘Law & Order’ director’s wife explains why she stayed after he was convicted of possessing child pornography

Maddie Corman’s husband was caught with child sex abuse images — and yet she stood by her man.

In 2016, TV director Jace Alexander, best known for his work on “Law & Order,” was sentenced in New York to 10 years’ probation on child pornography charges.

‘LAW & ORDER’ DIRECTOR GETS 10 YEARS PROBATION

He was sentenced after pleading guilty to promoting a sexual performance by a child and possessing an obscene performance by a child. He had faced up to seven years in prison. He also registered as a sex offender.

Prosecutors say digital files showing minors engaged in sex acts were found on computers at the director’s Dobbs Ferry, N.Y., home in 2015.

Jace Alexander of Dobbs Ferry, N.Y., the only son of actress Jane Alexander, was accused of promoting the video – depicting a girl about 12 or 13 years old – by making it available for viewing in late June on the Torrent network, according to a criminal complaint.

Jace Alexander of Dobbs Ferry, N.Y., the only son of actress Jane Alexander, was accused of promoting the video – depicting a girl about 12 or 13 years old – by making it available for viewing in late June on the Torrent network, according to a criminal complaint.
(Westchester County District Attorney)

Alexander had directed more than a dozen episodes of “Law & Order” since the mid-1990s. He also did work on “The Blacklist” and “Rescue Me.”

The 49-year-old actress told The Times of London Wednesday that she stayed with her husband because she didn’t want her children to grow up without a parent.

‘LAW & ORDER’ DIRECTOR ARRESTED ON CHILD PORNOGRAPHY CHARGES

“I had no interest in having my kids grow up with a parent as long as he was willing to get help and be the best person he could,” said Corman. “And, again, I’m aware that decision does not sit well with some people. I wish I could tell you that that doesn’t upset me, but it does. I don’t like having to defend that choice. And I don’t love having my kids potentially read that.

“That’s really, really painful for me and really not something I ever anticipated,” continued Corman. “I was proud to be married to who I’m married to. And I’m still proud to be married to him. I am.”

Corman insisted that she never worried about Alexander hurting any of their three children.

“I did not personally worry that he would or had ever hurt the children,” said Corman. “I know that some people think I am crazy or a monster and that’s not been fun to read. I have zero desire to hear about [his] guilt and shame. I think in some ways it would be easier to do a show where I come out and say, ‘I got rid of the bum and here I am,’ but that’s not my story. My husband was never going to stop being the father of my three kids.”

Corman decided to do a monologue show about her ordeal, where she revealed the couple are still married. The play, “Accidentally Brave,” opened last month at the DR2 Theater in New York City and is currently running until July 14 of this year.

‘LAW & ORDER’ DIRECTOR SPLITTING FROM THIRD WIFE

Back in March, Corman told The New York Times she wrote the play to further explore how she dealt with the horrific scandal. Corman shared that rehab, an ongoing 12-step program, couples therapy and in-depth discussions were essential to keep the marriage going.

Alexander is currently producing a documentary about “the destructive forces of pornography.”

“You’ve had the worst thing you’ve ever done exposed to the entire world,” Alexander told the newspaper. “It was incredibly painful and incredibly destructive, but it allowed me to reinvestigate the way I lived my life.”

Corman revealed that when police first made it clear about Alexander’s crimes, she immediately vomited. Alexander admitted to his spouse that he needed help and swore he never touched anyone. Corman said she punched him, sobbed and then called her children to reassure them that everything was going to be OK.

Corman said she wanted her play to focus on “my own messy truth” and not the details of her husband’s crimes or what may have led them there. She said Alexander is supportive of the project but has not read the script. She admitted to still working through deep feelings of betrayal and experiences flashbacks.

Still, Corman hopes her story will help someone whose own life is turned upside down.

“I wouldn’t wish what happened to me or my kids on anyone,” said Corman. “But the way that I feel, and honestly the way that my husband feels, is that when we keep things in the dark, that’s when shame and pain actually grows. Our family didn’t just stop being because something terrible happened.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Pink says she’ll no longer share photos of her kids after people comment ‘just some of the nastiest things’

Published

on

By

Pink says she'll no longer share photos of her kids after people comment 'just some of the nastiest things'

Pink says she’ll no longer share photos of her children on social media after receiving a slew of negative comments about her parenting abilities.

The 39-year-old mother of two appeared on Monday’s episode on “The Ellen Show” where she spoke with host Ellen DeGeneres about the decision to cut back on posting about her kids. The final straw came when she shared an image of her and her children admiring a pelican that flew into their room and allegedly stayed with them for about two hours.

Pink caught backlash online for the fact that her 2-year-old son, Jameson, was bottomless with no diaper in the beach photo despite the fact she edited out his private parts.

ELLEN DEGENERES CATCHING HEAT AFTER DEFENDING KEVIN HART IN INTERVIEW

“We live on a farm. My kids are naked. It’s what happens. I’m naked sometimes,” Pink explained (via The Hollywood Reporter).

She continued: “People went as far as saying, ‘Someone should call Child Services,’ because he didn’t have a diaper on, and ‘How dare I?’ — just some of the nastiest things,” an emotional Pink said. “I cried so hard after that because I like to share my family. … I’m prouder of my kids than anything I’ve ever done and I just won’t share them anymore. I won’t do it.”

The star acknowledged that she has a responsibility to her kids, Jameson and 7-year-old sister Willow, given that she’s in the public eye. However, she takes issue with the “anonymous” keyboard warriors’ approach.

“There’s a kind way to be online. I’m open to kindness online,” she said.

The image in question remains on Pink’s Instagram. However, she has since changed the caption to be a scathing lecture to the trolls that commented on her child’s bottomless appearance.

CHRISTINA AGUILERA DENIES SHE TRIED TO PUNCH PINK BUT SAYS SHE ATTEMPTED TO KISS HER

“There’s something seriously wrong with a lot of you out there. Going off about my baby’s penis? About circumcision??? Are you for real? As any normal mother at the beach, I didn’t even notice he took off his swim diaper,” she wrote. “I deleted it because you’re all f—ing disgusting. And now I’m turning off my comments and shaking my head at the state of social media and keyboard warriors.”

Pink concluded: “And the negativity that you bring to other people’s lives. There is something seriously wrong with a lot of you out there. Smfh. Here’s a picture of the pelican we obviously caught and abused for hours before dangling baby penis in its face.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

In her interview with Degeneres, Pink noted that she’s happy to engage with her online haters if she has the time. She previously fired back at critics of her opinions on the Covington Catholic school students after they were criticized for their behavior at a march for Native American people.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Prince Harry and Prince William were distant at royal Easter service amid feud rumors: reports

Published

on

By

Prince Harry and Prince William were distant at royal Easter service amid feud rumors: reports

Even Easter couldn’t warm up the cooling of Prince William and Prince Harry‘s once-close bond.

Sources say the feuding brothers were noticeably distant at royal church services on Sunday.

Witnesses told People that William, 36, and Harry, 34, didn’t speak to one another outside of St. George’s Chapel in Windsor, neither before nor after church.

PRINCE WILLIAM LIKELY TO BE MIFFED AT MEGHAN MARKLE’S LAVISH BABY SHOWER

One spy, however, caught the brothers exchanging pleasantries briefly in a video posted to Instagram.

The princes’ cousin and her husband, Zara and Mike Tindall, reportedly sat between William and Harry at church. William’s wife Kate Middleton was also present.

PRINCE HARRY MAY BE MORE DIFFICULT THAN MEGHAN MARKLE, EXPERT CLAIMS

Heavily pregnant Meghan Markle is on maternity leave and wasn’t in attendance.

KENSINGTON PALACE ISSUES RARE STATEMENT DENYING MEGHAN MARKLE, KATE MIDDLETON FEUD

A source told Entertainment Tonight that Harry and William are at “different stages in their life” and are “no longer the boys” the world knew when they were growing up. The insider also noted that the gentlemen sat apart from one another at the premiere of “Our Planet” earlier this month.

PRINCESS DIANA’S FORMER BUTLER DENIES FEUD BETWEEN PRINCES WILLIAM AND HARRY

The feud was reportedly sparked when Prince William expressed concerns over how fast Prince Harry and Meghan, now Duchess of Sussex, moved in their relationship.

The awkward Easter outing comes on the heels of reports that Harry and Meghan may work abroad in Africa at the behest of William, who allegedly wants to keep the spotlight on the Cambridges.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Kensington Palace didn’t deny the rumors of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex potentially working overseas, but said in a statement, “Any future plans for the Duke and Duchess are speculative at this stage. No decisions have been taken about future roles. The Duke will continue to fulfill his role as Commonwealth Youth Ambassador.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Game of Thrones’ star Maisie Williams opens up about sex scene that shocked viewers

Published

on

By

‘Game of Thrones’ star Maisie Williams opens up about sex scene that shocked viewers

“Game of Thrones” showrunners threw in a sex scene in Sunday night’s episode that many fans didn’t see coming.

The night before the epic battle against the White Walkers, several characters spent time coping with what could be their last few hours alive. For 18-year-old Arya Stark, it was losing her virginity to Gendry, a former travel partner who is the bastard son of late King Robert Baratheon. Both of them were in their teens when they last saw each other.

“We’re going to die soon. I’d like to know what it’s like before that happens,” Arya, played by Maisie Williams, 22, told Gendry, played by 31-year-old Joe Dempsie, in reference to having sex.

[WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM SEASON 8 OF “GAME OF THRONES”]

Fans have been rooting for an Arya and Gendry romance since the duo first met in Season 1 and began traveling together in the next season — but the unexpected sex scene still shocked fans and left some cringing.

“Running to google to check Maisie Williams’ age to make sure I didn’t break the law by having my eyes open,” one Twitter user wrote.

‘GAME OF THRONES’ FINAL SEASON LAS VEGAS ODDS REVEAL BIZARRE THEORIES ABOUT HBO HIT

“Google: Maisie Williams’ age; 22 #GameOfThrones,” another person tweeted.

Another person tweeted, “ARYA SAID I SEE IT, I LIKE IT, I WANT IT, I GOT IT#GameofThrones”

“#GameofThrones Nobody: [no response], Arya: I ain’t tryna die a virgin!” a fan wrote.

“Me watching Arya and Gendry about to get it on even though I pretty much watched Arya grow up,” another tweet read.

Williams opened up about her first “GOT” sex scene to Entertainment Weekly, saying co-star Sophie Turner was the first to alert her about it.

“Sophie said, ‘Whatever you do, you have to skip to this episode, this scene first.’ So I just read that and it was practically all I knew about the entire season,” Williams told Entertainment Weekly.

“At first, I thought it was a prank,” Williams added. “I was like, ‘Yo, good one.’ And [the showrunners were] like, ‘No, we haven’t done that this year.’ Oh f—k!”

‘GAME OF THRONES’ ACTOR RICHARD MADDEN SHOCKS FANS WITH SEASON 1 THROWBACK OF KIT HARINGTON, ALFIE ALLEN

Williams said it sank in she was going to be in a sex scene by the final season table read.

“I got to the read-through and I’m reading the scene and thought, ‘Oh, we’re actually going to do this. When do I shoot this? I need to go to the gym.’ A whole list of things,” she said.

Maisie Williams portraying Arya Stark in "Game of Thrones."

Maisie Williams portraying Arya Stark in “Game of Thrones.”
(HBO via AP)

Williams, who was 11 when she first joined the show, said everyone on set was respectful when it came to filming the scene. She added that by the end they were rushing to finish filming the moment.

“David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss] were like: ‘You can show as much or as little as you want. So I kept myself pretty private. I don’t think it’s important for Arya to flash. This beat isn’t really about that. And everybody else has already done it on the show, so…” Williams said.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Dempsie also said the experience was strange for him.

“It’s obviously slightly strange for me because I’ve known Maisie since she was 11, 12 years old,” Demsie told Entertainment Weekly. “At the same time, I don’t want to be patronizing toward Maisie — she’s a 20-year-old woman. So we just had a lot of fun with it.”

Continue Reading

Categories

Recent Posts

Like Us On Facebook

Trending