Connect with us

Entertainment

Kelly Clarkson invites Kansas troopers on stage to perform during concert, shocking fans

Published

on

Kelly Clarkson invites Kansas troopers on stage to perform during concert, shocking fans

Kelly Clarkson called on Kansas Capitol Police for backup (singing) during a concert in Kansas City, Missouri, last week.

The “American Idol” alum invited troopers LaMont Jackson and Mike Pagel to join her onstage during her “A Minute and a Glass of Wine” tour at the Sprint Center Thursday night. The Topeka-based officers went viral last spring for teaming up to create a viral karaoke video in their patrol car.

Before bringing the pair up, Clarkson played a short clip of Jackson and Pagel singing and snapping their fingers as they drove around.

KELLY CLARKSON REVEALS EXTREME WEIGHT LOSS AT HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME CEREMONY

“They’re keeping it real. They’re keeping it live,” an impressed Clarkson commented, noting the two don’t simply lip-sync.

Clarkson then asked the troopers to come to the microphone as the packed stadium roared with applause. After a few minutes of chatting, Clarkson handed the men the mic and vowed to be their backup singer as they sang “Stand By Me.”

The crowd waved their arms in the air as the officers walked up and down the stage during their performance — with a smiling Clarkson in the background. When the song came to a close, the men gave Clarkson a hug and thanked Clarkson’s fans for the encouragement.

KELLY CLARKSON FIRES BACK AT OPENLY GAY ‘VOICE’ CONTESTANT WHO ACCUSED HER OF BEING ‘SMALL-MINDED’

“I love them!” Clarkson exclaimed, before the three posed for a picture to capture the special moment. “Give it up for them, y’all!”

Pagel, who runs the Kansas Capitol Police’s social media feeds, said the experience was thrilling.

“I don’t know what made me [more] nervous, my first traffic stop or going out on stage in front of 15,000 plus people,” Pagel later told KSNT. “And that by far was the experience right there that made me super nervous. It was awesome though and Kelly was great to us.”

“LaMont knew the song, Stand by Me,” Pagel continued. “I’m more the man behind the scenes type of person.”

Clarkson later posted a video of the troopers’ act on Facebook, garnering more than 150,000 views as of Monday afternoon.

“Thank you Kelly for always bringing regular people on the stage with you. You are so down to Earth. Thank you officers for keeping us safe!” one Facebook user commented on the video.

“The most down to earth humble human being ever I love u so much,” another agreed.

“This is awesome,” a third added.

The police officers later gushed about their memorable time on Facebook.

“‪It’s not a secret anymore 🤣. Words can’t even explain how much fun Officer’s Jackson and Pagel had last night at the Sprint Center #Wow,” Kansas Capitol Police wrote in a Friday post, thanking Clarkson for inviting them.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

‘T2 Trainspotting’ actor Bradley Welsh shot dead in Scotland

Published

on

By

‘T2 Trainspotting’ actor Bradley Welsh shot dead in Scotland

“T2 Trainspotting” actor Bradley Welsh was shot dead Wednesday in Scotland’s capital, officials said.

Welsh, who played Doyle, a gangland figure in the sequel to “Trainspotting,” was shot in Edinburgh’s west end. Welsh’s age wasn’t clear.

SWEDISH ACTRESS BIBI ANDERSSON DEAD AT AGE 83

The Edinburgh Police Division said officers were called to the incident following a report of a disturbance. When medical officials arrived, they discovered a man “seriously injured in the street and sadly passed away at the scene.” Police said they were treating the man’s death as “suspicious” and are investigating. Anyone with information was asked to contact police. Police did not name the man shot.

A number of media outlets, including The Scotsman and the BBC, confirmed the actor’s death. Irvine Welsh, the author of “Trainspotting,” paid tribute to the fallen actor. The two men are not related.

A floral tribute at the scene of the shooting of Bradley Welsh, in Edinburgh, Scotland, Thursday April 18, 2019.

A floral tribute at the scene of the shooting of Bradley Welsh, in Edinburgh, Scotland, Thursday April 18, 2019.
(Jane Barlow/PA via AP)

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“Bradley John Welsh, my heart is broken,” he tweeted. “Goodbye my amazing and beautiful friend. Thanks for making me a better person and helping me to see the world in a kinder and wiser way.”

Welsh appeared alongside Ewan McGregor in the sequel. He also appeared on Bravo’s “Danny Dyer’s Deadliest Men” in 2009. Welsh had no prior acting experience before appearing in “T2 Trainspotting.” Welsh was reportedly a lightweight boxing champion.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Stranger Things’ creators fail to get plagiarism case tossed; trial set for next month

Published

on

By

'Stranger Things' creators fail to get plagiarism case tossed; trial set for next month

The third season of “Stranger Things” is set to launch on Netflix on July 4, but series creators the Duffer Brothers are probably more focused on another date after a judge today rejected their attempt to get a plagiarism lawsuit dismissed.

Unless L.A. Superior Court Judge Michael Stern changes his mind soon or plaintiff Charlie Kessler backs off, Matt Duffer and Ross Duffer are heading for an Upside Down of their own with a May 6 starting trial.

“Triable issues of fact remain to be determined concerning what plaintiff said, what he meant to convey by his conversation and how the defendants responded before it can be definitively concluded whether or not an implied in fact contract was formed,” Judge Stern wrote Wednesday (read it here).

“Defendants submit that their creation was independent and occurred prior to plaintiff’s alleged disclosure of his idea to them,” the LASC judge added, taking aim at the Duffers’ insistence that filmmaker Kessler’s allegations are baloney. “They each submit declarations relying upon and substantiating the credibility of each other’s testimony. However, there is little independent verifying evidence of the originality of their idea.”

Basically, this year-long case is going to trial because the court has seen no proof that Matt and Ross Duffer came up with the incredibly successful and multi-Emmy nominated 1980s-set supernatural drama other than Matt and Ross Duffer saying that they did.

Extras may find themselves “banding together” this fall to film the show “Stranger Things.”

Extras may find themselves “banding together” this fall to film the show “Stranger Things.”
(Netflix)

“Without such admissible evidence, we are left with an issue of determining credibility that must be decided by the trier of fact,” the denial of the Brothers’ summary judgment motion notes. “Moreover, whether or not there is a similarity between the concepts to be discerned by comparing them is a subissue of independent creation that must be decided by the trier of fact.”

“The Duffer Brothers have our full support,” said a Netfix spokesperson Wednesday of this potential Demogorgon. “This case has no merit, which we look forward to being confirmed by a full hearing of the facts in court.”

Clearly the other side thinks the matter has a boatload of merit and also thinks it’s time for the streaming service and the Duffers to drop that line, among others.

“Now that the Judge has ruled and denied their motion for summary judgment, we can now dispense with the nonsense promoted by the Duffers and Netflix that this lawsuit has no merit, and that they had ‘proof’ that they created the show,” Kessler’s attorney S. Michael Keman of the self title Santa Monica firm states after today’s decision. “If the lawsuit had no merit, or if they actually had the ‘proof’ they created it, then their summary judgment would have won.  They lost.  These motions are very hard to fight and winning this Motion shows Mr. Kessler has a good case.  We look forward to proving Mr. Kessler’s case at trial.”

Filmmaker Kessler claimed in his initial April 2, 2018 filing that he pitched the concept to the Duffers four years beforehand at a Tribeca Film Festival party. The “Montauk” director also asserted that he later handed over “the script, ideas, story and film” to the brother and that they allegedly used that material develop Stranger Things.

Kessler says the Duffers used the working title “The Montauk Project” during the early stages of Stranger Things, which was originally set in the Long Island town of the title (a setting later changed to Indiana). It should be stated that when Duffers project with Netflix was first announced in 2015, it was called “Montauk” and was set in Long Island.

Not totally unlike the first season of “Stranger Things” in 2016, the plot of Kessler’s 2012 “Montauk” short film revolves around a missing boy, a nearby military base conducting experiments on children and a monster from another dimension that looks like a toy.

Regardless, the day after Kessler’s suit was put in LASC docket, the Duffers said that they considered the action “completely meritless” and “just an attempt to profit” from the Netflix series.

They might have to offer up a bit more than that in court next month.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Timothy Olyphant recalls working with Luke Perry on ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’

Published

on

By

Timothy Olyphant recalls working with Luke Perry on 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood'

Luke Perry’s last role will be in Quentin Tarantino’s “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,” and his co-star Timothy Olyphant got a front-row seat to the late actor’s final performance.

Perry, who died this March after suffering a massive stroke, had completed all of his scenes in the upcoming film prior to his sudden death.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,” which hits theaters this summer, stars Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio as a washed-up actor and his longtime stunt double. The film is set in 1969 Hollywood against the backdrop of the rise of the Charles Manson cult, with Pitt and DiCaprio’s character living next door to Sharon Tate (played by Margot Robbie), the actress famously killed in the Manson murders.

Perry will play the role of real-life actor Wayne Maunder, who co-starred in the late ’60s TV western “Lancer” with actor James Stacy, who will be portrayed by Olyphant.

Given their storylines, Olyphant shared many of his scenes with Perry.

“What a lovely guy. Just a lovely guy. I’m going to miss him at that premiere. I’m going to miss him. I’m going to miss him anyway,” Olyphant recently told Variety at the New York City premiere of his animated film “Missing Link.”

“We just met on the film, but the two of us showed up, and we kept looking at each other like, ‘How’d we get in? I don’t know who let us in, but they let us in,’” Olyphant said with a smile, recalling his time working opposite Perry, calling the Tarantino film a “dream come true.” He continued, “There were so many moments where it just felt like the two of us would look at each other and we both had the same look on our face, which is, ‘Not bad. Here we are.’”

Olyphant said although he and Perry are not particularly close, they spent time together on set talking about their families. He also remembered Perry for his genuine kindness and work ethic.

“I haven’t met anyone who’s ever said a bad thing about the guy, and that was my experience hanging out with him and working with him,” Olyphant said. “He was the best kind of actor. He was a craftsman. He was all about the work. No bulls—. He showed up early and did his work, and we spent most of our time talking about our families and just enjoying the job. Just a lovely guy.”

Perry’s was not the only death to hit “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.” The late Burt Reynolds was attached to appear in the star-studded film, but hadn’t filmed his scenes prior to his death in September 2018. Bruce Dern replaced Reynolds in his role.

Continue Reading

Categories

Recent Posts

Like Us On Facebook

Trending