Connect with us

Entertainment

Felicity Huffman’s ‘Desperate Housewives’ co-star Dana Delany says she’s handling admissions scam ‘very well’

Published

on

Felicity Huffman's 'Desperate Housewives’ co-star Dana Delany says she’s handling admissions scam 'very well'

Felicity Huffman‘s “Desperate Housewives” co-star, Dana Delaney, is sharing how she feels about the college admissions scandal that has ensnared Huffman and dozens of other wealthy parents trying to get their kids into the nation’s most prestigious colleges.

Following the 56-year-old actress’ announcement earlier this week that she plans to plead guilty, Delaney commended Huffman for her statement.

“I just think that Felicity gave the perfect statement. And I think she’s handling it very well,” Delany, 63, told Us Weekly on Thursday. “I just wish her the best.”

FELICITY HUFFMAN, LORI LOUGHLIN AMONG SEVERAL DOZEN SNARED IN ELITE COLLEGE CHEATING SCHEME, AUTHORITIES SAY 

Dana Delany commended her former "Desperate Housewives" co-star, Felicity Huffman, and her decision to plead guilty earlier this week.

Dana Delany commended her former “Desperate Housewives” co-star, Felicity Huffman, and her decision to plead guilty earlier this week.
(File, Amanda Edwards/WireImage via Getty)

On Monday, Huffman said that she accepts “full responsibility” for her actions. She is accused of paying $15,000 disguised as a tax-deductible charitable donation so her daughter could take part in an apparently rigged college entrance exam.

“I am pleading guilty to the charge brought against me by the United States Attorney’s Office,” the actress said in a statement obtained by Fox News.

“I am in full acceptance of my guilt, and with deep regret and shame over what I have done, I accept full responsibility for my actions and will accept the consequences that stem from those actions,” Huffman continued. “I am ashamed of the pain I have caused my daughter, my family, my friends, my colleagues and the educational community. I want to apologize to them and, especially, I want to apologize to the students who work hard every day to get into college, and to their parents who make tremendous sacrifices to support their children and do so honestly.

FILE - In this April 3, 2019 file photo, actress Felicity Huffman arrives at federal court in Boston to face charges in a nationwide college admissions bribery scandal. In a court filing on Monday, April 8, 2019, Huffman agreed to plead guilty in the cheating scam. (AP Photo/Steven Senne, File)

FILE – In this April 3, 2019 file photo, actress Felicity Huffman arrives at federal court in Boston to face charges in a nationwide college admissions bribery scandal. In a court filing on Monday, April 8, 2019, Huffman agreed to plead guilty in the cheating scam. (AP Photo/Steven Senne, File)
(AP)

FELICITY HUFFMAN TO PLEAD GUILTY IN COLLEGE ADMISSIONS SCANDAL

“My daughter knew absolutely nothing about my actions, and in my misguided and profoundly wrong way, I have betrayed her. This transgression toward her and the public I will carry for the rest of my life. My desire to help my daughter is no excuse to break the law or engage in dishonesty,” she concluded.

The Department of Justice revealed on Monday that Huffman was one of the 11 defendants, who were charged with one count of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud, and have agreed to plead guilty pursuant to plea agreements.

Huffman was arrested and released on a $250,000 bond last month.

LORI LOUGHLIN APPEARED ‘ARROGANT’ IN COURT WHILE FELICITY HUFFMAN LOOKED ‘MORE GENUINE,’ SAYS SKETCH ARTIST

More than four dozen people have been charged in the nationwide scam, which is alleged to have placed students in top-tier schools like Yale, Georgetown, Stanford, the University of Southern California, UCLA and the University of Texas. A federal investigation into the matter – dubbed “Operation Varsity Blues” – has been ongoing for more than a year.

Fellow actress Lori Loughlin and Loughlin’s fashion designer husband, Mossimo Giannulli, are also charged in the scam. They were not among those who’ve agreed to plead guilty — and were indicted on fraud and money laundering charges on Tuesday

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Rami Malek to play Bond villain in franchise’s 25th film next year

Published

on

By

Rami Malek to play Bond villain in franchise's 25th film next year

(Reuters) – Oscar winner Rami Malek will play the international villain who Daniel Craig’s James Bond must battle in the British spy franchise’s 25th film set for release next year, the producers announced on Thursday.

FILE PHOTO: Daniel Craig poses for photographers as he attends the world premiere of the new James Bond 007 film “Spectre” at the Royal Albert Hall in London, Britain, October 26, 2015. REUTERS/Luke MacGregor

Malek, 37, who drew critical acclaim for his portrayal of Queen front man Freddie Mercury in “Bohemian Rhapsody” last year, will play Bond’s nemesis in the upcoming film, which goes by the working title “Bond 25,” producers said.

“I promise you all I will be making sure that Mr. Bond does not have an easy ride of it in this his 25th outing,” Malek said in a recorded announcement from New York that was aired as part of a webcast about the new movie.

The still untitled movie will be Craig’s fifth go-around as Britain’s most famous fictional secret agent, and will feature on-location scenes in Jamaica, the producers said in the webcast from the Caribbean island.

Actors who will reprise their roles alongside Craig in the 2015-released “Spectre” include Ralph Fiennes as M, Léa Seydoux as Madeleine, Naomie Harris as Moneypenny, Ben Whishaw as Q and Rory Kinnear as Tanner, the producers said.

Other actors joining the “Bond 25” cast are Jeffrey Wright Billy Magnussen, Dali Benssalah, Ana De Armas, David Dencik and LaShana Lynch, they said.

Producers had already announced that the movie, set for release next April, will be directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga, the man behind the first season of the U.S. drama “True Detective” and the Netflix comedy “Maniac.”

Among the trademarks of Bond movies are their exotic locations, beginning with Jamaica when the franchise was launched with “Dr. No” in 1962 and featuring the spy’s introduction to a bikini-clad Ursula Andress on an empty beach.

Jamaica, where Bond was created by novelist Ian Fleming, will again be among the locales for the upcoming film, along with Italy, Norway and London, the producers said.

“We consider Jamaica Bond’s spiritual home,” said Barbara Broccoli, one of the film’s producers.

The Bond franchise, based on the novels about the British secret agent who outsmarts international villains, overcomes certain death and charms glamorous women, first hit screens during the Cold War with Sean Connery as Bond.

Connery’s second appearance as Bond was in 1963 in “From Russia With Love.” He would go on to do five additional Bond movies.

Bond has also been played by George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosnan.

Reporting by Peter Szekely; editing by Jonathan Oatis

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Charlize Theron channels ‘Game of Thrones’ character Sansa Stark

Published

on

By

Charlize Theron channels 'Game of Thrones' character Sansa Stark

Charlize Theron channeled her inner Sansa Stark in her latest red carpet look.

The actress donned a black pleated dress with sheer sleeves and a leather bodice at the Paris premiere for her new movie “Long Shot” on Wednesday.

CHARLIZE THERON SAYS SHE’S ‘SHOCKINGLY’ SINGLE: ‘SOMEBODY JUST NEEDS TO GROW A PAIR AND STEP UP’

Actress Charlize Theron attends the "Long Shot" Premiere At Gaumont Opera Capucines on April 24, 2019 in Paris, France. (Photo by Marc Piasecki/WireImage)

Actress Charlize Theron attends the “Long Shot” Premiere At Gaumont Opera Capucines on April 24, 2019 in Paris, France. (Photo by Marc Piasecki/WireImage)

The black getup was very similar to Sansa Stark’s new look in Season 8 of “Game of Thrones.” Sansa is played by British actress Sophie Turner.

Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark in "Game of Thrones," left, and actress Charlize Theron.

Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark in “Game of Thrones,” left, and actress Charlize Theron.
(HBO/Getty)

[WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM SEASON 8 OF “GAME OF THRONES”]

‘GAME OF THRONES’ STAR MAISIE WILLIAMS OPENS UP ABOUT SEX SCENE THAT SHOCKED VIEWERS

Turner made headlines herself earlier this week when she shared a raunchy response to the shocking Arya and Gendry sex scene from Season 8, Episode 2.

Turner took to her Instagram Stories on Sunday to react to the scene involving the characters played by Maisie Williams, 22, and Joe Dempsie, 31, that took many viewers by surprise and left some cringing. In Sunday night’s episode, 18-year-old Arya Stark lost her virginity to Gendry, her former travel partner who is the bastard son of late King Robert Baratheon.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“In honor of Easter, I guess ‘Game of Thrones’ wanted the storyline to have a little Easter Bunny hop, hop, hoppin’ into that p—y, and that’s the tea,” Turner said in a video posted on her Instagram Stories.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Bella Thorne sends hearts racing with sexy bikini snap after Mod Sun split

Published

on

By

Bella Thorne sends hearts racing with sexy bikini snap after Mod Sun split

Bella Thorne is showing her ex what he’s missing.

The former Disney child star posed for a series of sexy snaps on Instagram just days after announcing she had split from rapper Mod Sun.

“Not that chick that wears makeup in the pool,” Thorne captioned the sultry photo in which she dons a barely there black bikini as she exits a pool.

BELLA THORNE GETS CANDID ABOUT BISEXUALITY, OPEN RELATIONSHIPS WITH MOD SUN AND TANA MONGEAU

She wore the same bathing suit days earlier while posing yet again poolside. “It’s hot help me,” she wrote.

Thorne, 21, announced last week that she and the 32-year-old rapper had parted ways after dating for more than a year.

BELLA THORNE POSES NAKED IN WHIPPED CREAM TO PROMOTE MAKEUP LINE

“I  will always love you. All good things must come to an end,” the actress wrote on Instagram. She punctuated the snap with a broken heart emoji.

BELLA THORNE POSES NUDE WITH NO RETOUCHING

The breakup comes two months after Thorne announced she and girlfriend Tana Mongeau — who she dated concurrently with Mod Sun — split.

“Tana and I aren’t together anymore, pls stop asking. We love U guys,” Thorne tweeted in February.

Mongeau, 20, tweeted at the time, “i love her forever don’t get that twisted. she changed my life forever. don’t rly wanna talk on it.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

In January, Thorne said of her relationships with Mongeau and Mod Sun, “I don’t think anybody will really understand the bonds that I share with Mod or Tana … Yeah, we joke around about poly, but we aren’t in the sense that we don’t put a word, a box or label too many things. It is what it is.”

Continue Reading

Categories

Recent Posts

Like Us On Facebook

Trending