Connect with us

Politics

Even 2020 longshots are scoring million-dollar fundraising hauls out of the gate

Published

on

Even 2020 longshots are scoring million-dollar fundraising hauls out of the gate

Former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper announced Wednesday that he raised more than $1 million in less than 48 hours following the Monday morning launch of his Democratic presidential campaign.

Hickenlooper’s campaign highlighted the haul – touting that their candidate “is only one of four Democratic primary candidates to reach that level of early support.”

COULD SANDERS-CLINTON FUED HURT DEMS IN 2020?

The fundraising figure is significant for Hickenlooper, who’s considered a longshot to win the Democratic presidential nomination against rivals with bigger names or bigger bank accounts, such as Sens. Bernie Sanders of Vermont, Kamala Harris of California, Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, Cory Booker of New Jersey, Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota and Kirsten Gillibrand of New York.

And moving toward another White House run is former Vice President Joe Biden, who enjoys higher name recognition than any other declared or potential 2020 Democratic candidate.

Hickenlooper’s notable fundraising haul gives the newly announced candidate a little bit of cache as he now joins a field of Democratic contenders that currently stands at 14.

REPORT: CLINTON WASN’T TRYING TO CLOSE THE DOOR ON 2020

It was the same story earlier this week for Washington state Gov. Jay Inslee, who launched his White House bid on Friday. Inslee, who like Hickenlooper faces long odds of capturing the nomination, announced on Monday that he hauled in more than $1 million in contributions during the first two days of his campaign.

Klobuchar, who announced her bid last month at an outdoor event during a snowstorm, raised more than $1 million in her campaign’s first 48 hours. And Harris, who launched in January, topped $1.5 million in her first 24 hours as a presidential candidate.

But the big winner so far in the race to make a fundraising splash is Sanders. The independent senator from Vermont – who’s making his second straight White House bid – hauled in nearly $6 million last month in the 24 hours after he launched his bid.

Politics

Trump says he doesn’t mind if public sees Mueller’s Russia probe report

Published

on

By

Trump says he doesn't mind if public sees Mueller's Russia probe report

U.S. President Donald Trump talks to reporters as he departs on travel to Ohio at the White House in Washington, U.S., March 20, 2019. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he does not mind if the public is allowed to see the report that Special Counsel Robert Mueller is preparing about his investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election and any possible links to the Trump campaign.

Mueller is expected to send his report to Attorney General William Barr soon.

Reporting by Steve Holland; Writing by David Alexander; Editing by Tim Ahmann

Continue Reading

Politics

Cindy McCain shares hateful message she received about her family, late husband, after latest attack from President Trump

Published

on

By

Cindy McCain shares hateful message she received about her family, late husband, after latest attack from President Trump

Cindy McCain shared a hateful message she received on Facebook from a stranger the same day President Donald Trump continued his attacks on her late husband, John McCain.

McCain, 64, posted a screenshot of the disgusting comment she was sent by a stranger, identified in the picture as “Tiffany Nicole.”

“I want to make sure all of you could see how kind and loving a stranger can be. I’m posting her note for her family and friends could see,” McCain wrote in a tweet accompanying the image.

The sender called McCain a vile name, labeled John McCain as “traitorous” and “warmongering.” The poster also mocked Meghan McCain’s appearance and said she hopes “The View” co-host “chokes to death.”

DONALD TRUMP’S FEUD WITH McCAIN FAMILY ESCALATES: ‘I WAS NEVER A FAN’

Just hours before McCain posted the message on Twitter, President Trump took another shot at John McCain.

“I was never a fan of John McCain and I never will be,” Trump told reporters at the White House, during a meeting with Brazil’s visiting president.

The comments came after Meghan McCain, who on Monday tore into the president during an emotional segment on “The View,” went back on the offensive on social media. The 34-year-old shared a Toronto Star cartoon on Instagram showing her late father’s military medals side-by-side with a collection of pacifiers under the heading “Donald Trump.”

Later in the night, Meghan McCain responded to Trump’s most recent attacks by tweeting, “As my father always used to say to me – Illegitimi non carborundum,” which means “Don’t let the b–tards grind you down.”

MEGHAN MCCAIN SLAMS DONALD TRUMP IN EMOTIONAL ‘THE VIEW’ SEGMENT: ‘HE WILL NEVER BE A GREAT MAN’

Trump has repeatedly tweeted about John McCain in recent days, falsely claiming the late senator graduated “last in his class” at Annapolis and slamming his role in the Russia investigation.

“So it was indeed (just proven in court papers) “last in his class” (Annapolis) John McCain that sent the Fake Dossier to the FBI and Media hoping to have it printed BEFORE the Election. He & the Dems, working together, failed (as usual). Even the Fake News refused this garbage!” Trump tweeted Sunday morning.

On Saturday, the president responded to reports McCain and an associate had shared with the FBI and various media outlets the unverified dossier alleging that Moscow held compromising information on Trump.

“Spreading the fake and totally discredited Dossier ‘is, unfortunately, a very dark stain against John McCain.’ Ken Starr, Former Independent Counsel,” Trump wrote.

MEGHAN McCAIN HAS SHARP RESPONSE TO TRUMP’S JOHN MCCAIN DOSSIER TWEET

New York, NY - 2017: (L-R) Senator John McCain, Meghan McCain on 'The View', a visit for Meghan McCain's birthday, Monday, October 23, 2017. (Photo by Heidi Gutman /ABC via Getty Images)

New York, NY – 2017: (L-R) Senator John McCain, Meghan McCain on ‘The View’, a visit for Meghan McCain’s birthday, Monday, October 23, 2017. (Photo by Heidi Gutman /ABC via Getty Images)

“He had far worse ‘stains’ than this, including thumbs down on repeal and replace [of the Obama-era Affordable Care Act] after years of campaigning to repeal and replace!”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Trump has made a practice of attacking McCain, even after the former Arizona senator’s death in August of last year.

Continue Reading

Politics

Trump to host Israel’s Netanyahu March 25-26: White House

Published

on

By

Trump to host Israel's Netanyahu March 25-26: White House

FILE PHOTO: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu attends the weekly cabinet meeting in Jerusalem, March 10, 2019. Gali Tibbon/Pool via REUTERS/File Photo

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump will host Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House next Monday and Tuesday, the White House said.

“The president and the prime minister will discuss their countries’ shared interests and actions in the Middle East during a working meeting on March 25,” the White House said in a statement on Wednesday. Trump will host Netanyahu at a dinner on March 26, it said.

Reporting by Doina Chiacu; Editing by Tim Ahmann

Continue Reading

Categories

Recent Posts

Like Us On Facebook

Trending