Connect with us

Entertainment

Disney rehires James Gunn to direct ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 3’

Published

on

Disney rehires James Gunn to direct 'Guardians of the Galaxy 3'

James Gunn has received a second chance.

Disney has rehired the filmmaker to write and direct the third installment of the Marvel superhero franchise, “Guardians of the Galaxy.”

Deadline confirmed the news with Marvel and Gunn’s reps.

JAMES GUNN RESPONDS TO UNEARTHED TWEETS ABOUT PEDOPHILIA 

Last July, Disney fired Gunn after decade-old tweets resurfaced in which he joked about topics including pedophilia and rape.

‘GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY’ STAR CHRIS PRATT SAYS IT’S ‘NOT AN EASY TIME’ FOLLOWING JAMES GUNN FIRING  

At the time, Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn said, “The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values and we have severed our business relationship with him.”

Gunn’s old tweets, which were dug up by critics online, included lines like, “I like when little boys touch me in my silly place.”

“The best thing about being raped is when you’re done being raped and it’s like ‘when this feels great, not being raped!” another tweet read.

Other now-deleted tweets from 2008-2011 included jokes about the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, AIDS and the holocaust.

Gunn publicly apologized, saying that his “words of nearly a decade ago were, at the time, totally failed and unfortunate efforts to be provocative.”

“I have regretted them for many years since — not just because they were stupid, not at all funny, wildly insensitive, and certainly not provocative like I had hoped, but also because they don’t reflect the person I am today or have been for some time,” Gunn’s statement continued.

The “Guardians” cast released an open letter later that month in full support of Gunn and the movie’s star, Chris Pratt, personally said he’d “love to see him reinstated as director of Volume 3.”

Fox News’ Nicole Darrah contributed to this report. 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Lori Loughlin’s Hallmark Channel co-stars say college admissions scandal put them in ‘tough spot’

Published

on

By

Lori Loughlin's Hallmark Channel co-stars say college admissions scandal put them in 'tough spot'

At least two cast members from the Hallmark Channel’s “When Calls the Heart” series have shared their appreciation for fans following Lori Loughlin’s firing from the show as a result of her alleged involvement in a nationwide college admissions scandal.

Paul Greene, who plays the character Carson Shepherd on the show, thanked fans via Twitter on Tuesday for their “amazing love and support through this tough spot.”

Andrea Brooks, too, shared a similar message, thanking fans for the “tremendous outpouring of love and support over the past week.”

“Hi #Hearties, I just wanted to take a moment to tell you that I appreciate the tremendous outpouring of love and support over the past week. Your kindness and dedication does not go unnoticed. I love being a part of this family. Thank you,” Brooks, who plays Faith Carter on the show, wrote on Instagram.

The show cut ties with Loughlin following news of her alleged involvement in an elite scheme that involved wealthy families allegedly paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to secure a place for their children at some of the nation’s most prestigious universities such as Yale, the University of Southern California (USC) and Georgetown, among others.

Loughlin, and husband and fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, specifically, allegedly paid $500,000 in bribes to have their two daughters — YouTube star Olivia Jade Giannulli and her older sister Isabella —designated as recruits for the USC crew team despite the fact that neither participated in the sport.

On Instagram last week, the Hallmark Channel assured fans it would not be canceling the show despite the fact Loughlin, who played Abigail Stanton, would not be returning.

The show’s producer Brian Bird also took to the photo-sharing platform to share a similar message, noting the show has “gone on a creative hiatus to do some retooling on the remaining Season 6 episodes.”

“Your love for When Calls the Heart is the courage we count on as we work through this challenging transition and your Hearties community will always be the most important legacy of this TV series. We love you!” he concluded.

Fox News’ Katherine Lam contributed to this report.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Emily Ratajkowski shows exposed rib cage in bikini snap

Published

on

By

Emily Ratajkowski shows exposed rib cage in bikini snap

Stop us if you’ve heard this one before: Emily Ratajkowski is still posing in bikinis.

The brunette bombshell showed off another piece from her Inamorata Woman line on Instagram.

In a black and white snapshot, Ratajkowski, 27, wore a light colored string bikini top with matching high-cut bottoms as she posed on a chair, revealing her visible rib cage.

EMILY RATAJKOWSKI, HUSBAND ACCUSED OF BEING ‘NIGHTMARE’ NEIGHBORS

She accessorized with small hoop earrings and had her brown hair swept into a messy updo.

EMILY RATAJKOWSKI, HUSBAND ACCUSED OF SKIPPING RENT

This post got much less hate than another recent black and white photo she posted to Instagram.

Last week, Ratajkowski posted a photo of her and plus-sized model pal Caitlin King’s rear ends to promote her swimwear and lingerie line.

MODELS INVOLVED IN FYRE FESTIVAL MAY FACE SUBPOENAS

She was hit with a lot of flak for allegedly bodyshaming her friend.

Last month, Ratajkowski posed in lingerie and bikinis in a convenience store to promote her Inamorata brand.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

She’s previously expressed that her clothing choices are a feminist act, saying it was “important” to wear “a string bikini on the beach and at a protest.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Allison Mack is in ‘active plea negotiations’ to avoid trial for alleged involvement in NXIVM sex cult

Published

on

By

Allison Mack is in 'active plea negotiations' to avoid trial for alleged involvement in NXIVM sex cult

“Smallville” actress Allison Mack along with two other defendants swept up in the alleged sex trafficking conspiracy by the self-help group, that many call a cult, NXIVM may avoid their respective trials next month thanks to a plea deal.

It was revealed in court that Mack and the others are in “active plea negotiations” as a fourth defendant, NXIVM co-founder and alleged ringleader of the cult, Keith Raniere, appeared in court to plead not guilty to child pornography charges related to the case.

LAWYERS IN ALLISON MACK NXIVM SEX CULT CASE TO REVIEW ‘SEXUALLY EXPLICIT’ PHOTOS AND CONVERSATIONS

Mack is best known for her long-running role on the superhero TV show about the early days of Clark Kent’s life. However, it was previously reported that she was heavily involved in the NXIVM organization. Mack allegedly got involved with the organization when she was unhappy with her acting career. She reportedly rose in the ranks to become a key player in its activities, which allegedly included branding its members and finding sex slaves for Raniere.

Mack is currently on pretrial house arrest at her parent’s home in Los Alamitos, Calif., on a $5 million bond. However, next month she’s expected to travel to New York to stand trial, unless she’s able to make a plea deal.

‘SMALLVILLE’ ACTRESS ALLISON MACK ASKS COURT TO LET HER CONTINUE ACTING AMID NXIVM SEX CULT ALLEGATIONS

Additionally, defense attorney Mark Geragos said that his client, Seagram liquor fortune heiress Clare Bronfman, will be asking for a separate trial on charges she bank-rolled the Albany-based group that has been compared to a cult. Bronfman and Mack have previously denied the charges.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“We don’t need to be the collateral damage,” Geragos said.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Continue Reading

Categories

Recent Posts

Like Us On Facebook

Trending