Connect with us

Entertainment

AI Robot paints its own moonscapes in traditional Chinese style

Published

on

AI Robot paints its own moonscapes in traditional Chinese style

Hong Kong artist Victor Wong stands next to an artwork from his exhibition ‘Far Side of the Moon’ at 3812 Gallery in London, Britain April 16, 2019. REUTERS/George Sargent

LONDON (Reuters) – A Hong Kong artist has created an artificial intelligence (AI) robot which creates its own paintings.

Victor Wong took three years to build and program the robot called A.I Gemini and teach it artistic techniques.

Randomness has been written into its algorithm, meaning Wong does not know what it will paint before it begins. 

The project is called ‘Far Side of the Moon’. The robot’s AI was fed NASA 3D images of the moon and imagery taken by China’s Chang’e-4 lunar rover. It captured images of the dark side of the moon in January.

A.I Gemini takes an average of 50 hours to create a blend of landscapes on traditional, fresh xuan paper made from bark and rice straw. The average price for a piece on sale in London is £10,000 ($13,000). 

Wong designed the robot to use the ancient Chinese art of shuimo to create its paintings, using mainly black ink and water.

Wong said it felt good to display the work and have people praise it. Asked if work created by robot can be art, Wong added: “I think so, at this moment.”   

Reporting by George Sargent; Editing by Alexandra Hudson

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Charlize Theron channels ‘Game of Thrones’ character Sansa Stark

Published

on

By

Charlize Theron channels 'Game of Thrones' character Sansa Stark

Charlize Theron channeled her inner Sansa Stark in her latest red carpet look.

The actress donned a black pleated dress with sheer sleeves and a leather bodice at the Paris premiere for her new movie “Long Shot” on Wednesday.

CHARLIZE THERON SAYS SHE’S ‘SHOCKINGLY’ SINGLE: ‘SOMEBODY JUST NEEDS TO GROW A PAIR AND STEP UP’

Actress Charlize Theron attends the "Long Shot" Premiere At Gaumont Opera Capucines on April 24, 2019 in Paris, France. (Photo by Marc Piasecki/WireImage)

Actress Charlize Theron attends the “Long Shot” Premiere At Gaumont Opera Capucines on April 24, 2019 in Paris, France. (Photo by Marc Piasecki/WireImage)

The black getup was very similar to Sansa Stark’s new look in Season 8 of “Game of Thrones.” Sansa is played by British actress Sophie Turner.

Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark in "Game of Thrones," left, and actress Charlize Theron.

Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark in “Game of Thrones,” left, and actress Charlize Theron.
(HBO/Getty)

[WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM SEASON 8 OF “GAME OF THRONES”]

‘GAME OF THRONES’ STAR MAISIE WILLIAMS OPENS UP ABOUT SEX SCENE THAT SHOCKED VIEWERS

Turner made headlines herself earlier this week when she shared a raunchy response to the shocking Arya and Gendry sex scene from Season 8, Episode 2.

Turner took to her Instagram Stories on Sunday to react to the scene involving the characters played by Maisie Williams, 22, and Joe Dempsie, 31, that took many viewers by surprise and left some cringing. In Sunday night’s episode, 18-year-old Arya Stark lost her virginity to Gendry, her former travel partner who is the bastard son of late King Robert Baratheon.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“In honor of Easter, I guess ‘Game of Thrones’ wanted the storyline to have a little Easter Bunny hop, hop, hoppin’ into that p—y, and that’s the tea,” Turner said in a video posted on her Instagram Stories.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Bella Thorne sends hearts racing with sexy bikini snap after Mod Sun split

Published

on

By

Bella Thorne sends hearts racing with sexy bikini snap after Mod Sun split

Bella Thorne is showing her ex what he’s missing.

The former Disney child star posed for a series of sexy snaps on Instagram just days after announcing she had split from rapper Mod Sun.

“Not that chick that wears makeup in the pool,” Thorne captioned the sultry photo in which she dons a barely there black bikini as she exits a pool.

BELLA THORNE GETS CANDID ABOUT BISEXUALITY, OPEN RELATIONSHIPS WITH MOD SUN AND TANA MONGEAU

She wore the same bathing suit days earlier while posing yet again poolside. “It’s hot help me,” she wrote.

Thorne, 21, announced last week that she and the 32-year-old rapper had parted ways after dating for more than a year.

BELLA THORNE POSES NAKED IN WHIPPED CREAM TO PROMOTE MAKEUP LINE

“I  will always love you. All good things must come to an end,” the actress wrote on Instagram. She punctuated the snap with a broken heart emoji.

BELLA THORNE POSES NUDE WITH NO RETOUCHING

The breakup comes two months after Thorne announced she and girlfriend Tana Mongeau — who she dated concurrently with Mod Sun — split.

“Tana and I aren’t together anymore, pls stop asking. We love U guys,” Thorne tweeted in February.

Mongeau, 20, tweeted at the time, “i love her forever don’t get that twisted. she changed my life forever. don’t rly wanna talk on it.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

In January, Thorne said of her relationships with Mongeau and Mod Sun, “I don’t think anybody will really understand the bonds that I share with Mod or Tana … Yeah, we joke around about poly, but we aren’t in the sense that we don’t put a word, a box or label too many things. It is what it is.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Chris Pratt reveals he’s ‘so thrilled’ to work with re-hired James Gunn on ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 3’

Published

on

By

Chris Pratt reveals he's 'so thrilled' to work with re-hired James Gunn on 'Guardians of the Galaxy 3'

Avengers: Endgame” star Chris Pratt is thrilled that he will work with writer and director James Gunn on the third “Guardians of the Galaxy” movie.

Gunn was fired by Disney in July 2018 after decade-old tweets resurfaced in which he joked about topics like pedophilia and rape. Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn told Fox News at the time that the studio had “severed our business relationship” with Gunn. However, the studio reversed that decision in March.

“I was so thrilled, so excited. I think it’s the right move, I really stand behind it,” Pratt, 39, told People. “I’m really proud of Disney for hiring James back and ultimately thrilled for not only us, but also for the fans. I think it’s going to wrap up the trilogy in the best way.”

SCARLETT JOHANSSON SIZZLES IN SILVER AT ‘AVENGERS’ PREMIERE WITH BOYFRIEND COLIN JOST

He continued, “And Guardians of the Galaxy are really all about second chances and giving people an opportunity to be their best. We’re a ragtag squad of people coming together and having each other’s back. I think it really worked out the way it was supposed to, and I feel good about it.”

Pratt was among the eight cast members to share a note with Disney urging it to rehire Gunn in the wake of his controversy. At the time, Gunn had already apologized for his past comments noting that, early on in his career, he tried to be provocative with his comedy and regretted it.

Chris Pratt revealed that he's thrilled to work with director James Gunn again on 'Guardians of the Galaxy 3.'

Chris Pratt revealed that he’s thrilled to work with director James Gunn again on ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 3.’
(Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)

“My words of nearly a decade ago were, at the time, totally failed and unfortunate efforts to be provocative,” Gunn wrote at the time. “I have regretted them for many years since — not just because they were stupid, not at all funny, wildly insensitive, and certainly not provocative like I had hoped, but also because they don’t reflect the person I am today or have been for some time.”

MARK RUFFALO WAS ASTONISHED TO LEARN THIS FACT ABOUT HIS ‘AVENGERS: ENDGAME’ CO-STAR BRIE LARSON

Disney announced that not only would it work with Gunn again, but it will use his script for “Guardians of the Galaxy 3” as well as reinstate him as director.

“I am tremendously grateful to every person out there who has supported me over the past few months. I am always learning and will continue to work at being the best human being I can be,” Gunn wrote following his reinstatement. “I deeply appreciate Disney’s decision and I am excited to continue making films that investigate the ties of love that bind us all. I have been and continue to be incredibly humbled by your love and support. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Love to you all.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Before his third adventure with the Guardians, Pratt is expected to appear again in “Avengers: Endgame,” which hits theaters April 26. Meanwhile, Gunn will helm the sequel to “Suicide Squad” for DC and Warner Bros.

Continue Reading

Categories

Recent Posts

Like Us On Facebook

Trending